Who we are
The Funky Little Chair is a U.S. based company that sells online streaming services, live education services, and products related to upholstery.
What information we collect
Information you provide to us: We collect personal information that you provide to us when you sign up for an account to access and use the Sites or Services, when you consult with customer support or send us an email or communicate with us in any way (for example, to make a support request) or you make a purchase on our Sites. Your personal information we collect may include: your contact information (such as your name, address, telephone number and email address) and contact preferences; account information (such as your username and password); and if you make a purchase, payment details (card information, alternative payment method information, invoices, order information and transaction history). If you communicate directly with us, we may maintain a record of those communications and responses.
Web Analysis Tools
We may use web analysis tools that are built into The Funky Little Chair’s website to measure and collect anonymous session information.
How we use your information
Email marketing: we may send you emails about our site and related course(s), registration, course content, your course progress or other updates. We may also use your email to inform you about changes to the course(s), survey you about your usage, or collect your opinion. To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to provide you access to the Services or products you have ordered, to respond to any inquiry, feedback, or information and materials regarding our products and services.
- To send administrative information to you, for example, invoices, renewal notices, information regarding our Services or Sites, and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To send you marketing communications, including via email and SMS in compliance with applicable laws and in accordance with your preferences, that we believe may be of interest to you.
- To personalize your experience on our Sites by presenting content and offers tailored to you and your interests, including by creating custom audiences on social media sites.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products, enhancing, improving or modifying our Sites and products and Services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities.
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities; (d) to enforce our Terms of Service; (e) to protect our operations or those of our marketing partners; (f) to protect our rights, or the privacy, safety or property of you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available legal remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- For other reasons that we describe to you at the time of collection.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients and for the following reasons:
- Service providers. In order to provide our Services to you, it is necessary for us to disclose your information to service providers who perform certain functions of our Services on our behalf. Examples include cloud hosting providers (to provide data storage and processing services); communications providers (to process new queries and to manage our emails); and fulfillment providers (to send you products or provide access to our Services). The Funky Little Chair’s online courses are hosted by Thinkific Labs Inc. (“Thinkific”). Thinkific provide us with the online course creation platform that allow us to sell our product/services to you.
- Your data is stored through Thinkific’s data storage, databases and the general Thinkific application. Thinkific stores your data on a secure server behind a firewall. For more insight, you may also want to read Thinkific’s Terms of Service here https://www.thinkific.com/resources/privacy-policy/ or Privacy Statement here https://www.thinkific.com/resources/terms-of-service/ .
- Payment Processors. When you make a purchase with us, your billing is collected and processed directly by our payment processor PayPal through their checkout service. We never receive or store your full credit card information. PayPal commits to complying with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS) and using industry standard security.
- Compliance with laws. We may disclose information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Consent. We may share your information with any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
- Access to Information. If you are a member you can access, correct, update, and delete personal information you have provided to us by logging into your account and going to the preference center and your personal information. If you are a member and do not want to go into your account or are not a member you can email us at email@example.com.
- Opting-Out of Marketing Emails. You can opt out of receiving marketing emails from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” or “preference center” link in the email, or if you are a member by logging into your account and going to email preference communications. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you choose to no longer receive marketing information, we may still communicate with you regarding such things as security updates, product functionality, responses to service requests, or other transactional, non-marketing purposes.
HOW WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE
We have implemented appropriate physical, technical and administrative safeguards against unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure of personal information in our custody and control. However, no data transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so you should take care in deciding what information you send us in this way.
RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We retain your personal information to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements, to maintain records of fraud, to enforce our agreements or comply with our legal obligations or in accordance with our standard business practices.
The Sites and Services are provided and hosted in the United States. If you are using the Sites or Services from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed by us in our facilities and by other entities with whom we share your personal information, in the United States and other locations. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country. By using the Sites or Services, you consent to the collection, international transfer, storage, and processing of your personal information where permitted by law.
The Sites and Services are intended for a general audience and are not directed or intended for anyone under 18 years of age. You must be 18 years of age to use the Sites or Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18. If we obtain actual knowledge that any information we collect has been provided by an individual under the age of 18, we will promptly delete that information.